Corvette C6 Installation Instructions
This documents covers the installation of the ForceFlash in Corvette C6 generations. It assumes some basic automotive knowledge and will possibly leave out some detail. If you have any questions, please use the support section on http://dfwcorvettes.com
If any clips or connectors are broken, you can order replacements directly from http://dfwcorvettes.com.
1 – Screwdriver to remove the two rear inner tail lamps
1 – Alcohol based window cleaner (Windex etc…) and towels for surface prep
************ IF YOU CURRENTLY HAVE RESISTORS ON THE INNER TAIL LAMPS OF YOUR C6, REMOVE THEM BEFORE INSTALLING THE FORCEFLASH. THE FORCEFLASH ALREADY CONTAINS TWO RESISTORS THAT INTERCONNECT WITH THE INNER TAIL LAMPS***********************
- Remove the two inner tail lamps and disconnect the factory connectors and set aside. (If the clip on the connectors break, you can order replacements through this website.) The factory connectors to the two inner tail lamps will resemble the following:
- Disconnect the 2 pin connector from the CHMSL. From the now removed right or left inner tail lamp, reach your arm inside the body and remove the plug from the CHMSL. The factory plug will resemble the following:
- The ForceFlash mounts to the top of the frame just behind the bumper. Prepare this surface by thoroughly cleaning and drying to ensure secure adhesion.
- Apply the supplied velcro strip to the surface prepared in step 3. The velcro is mounted perpendicular to the front of the car.
- Mount the ForceFlash to the velcro applied in step 4. It is critical that the ForceFlash be oriented the way displayed in the image. The default software configuration is set for this positioning. If not mounted correctly, the internal accelerometer will not understand which way its oriented and give incorrect readings.
- Connect the right tail lamp factory harness to the ForceFlash harness and connect the ForceFlash harness to the the right tail lamp as pictured below. It does not matter which side the ForceFlash connectors are on but the wiring harness is cut so that one side is longer than the other. The longest side goes on the right side (passenger) of the vehicle. Place the tail lamp back into the housing but do not secure.
- Connect the factory 2 pin CHMSL connector to the supplied 2 PIN connector on the ForceFlash harness pictured below.
- Connect the 2 pin ForceFlash connector to the factory CHMSL.
- Follow step 6 to connect the left tail lamp.
- Test the tail lamps by applying the brakes. On the C6, the car will need to be in run mode or accessory mode for the rear lights to illuminate. Blinkers will only activate in run mode. The two inner tail lamps should now flash twice when the brakes are engaged. The car must be driven to activate the G-Force based flashing modes.
- Check your wiring and secure as desired. Because the FlashForce contains resistors, it will become warm when operating the brakes for long durations; such has stop and go traffic. As an added precaution it’s best to ensure wiring or other components are not resting directly on the ForceFlash unit. This is strictly a precaution and the same as routing wires away from an exhaust or other hot components.
- Reattach the tail lamp retaining hardware and enjoy your new tail lamp behavior!
Below is a top view of how the ForceFlash MUST be mounted. Wires exit toward right (passenger side).
In a safe environment you can test G-Force activated light flashing by having someone film you applying the brakes while driving. To get the heavy braking flashing mode to activate, you will need to be aggressive with the brakes to activate the Heavy Braking flashing behavior. Remember, you can adjust the G-Force sensitivity to suite your needs. See the Programming section of this website.